City Of Cape Town - I have A Drug Problem Campaign



This fantastic poster campaign by King James for the city of Cape Town was launched last year and features a number of well known local personalities, including singer Jimmy Nevis, DJ Ian Bredenkamp, comedian Siv Ngesi and even the Mayor Patricia De Lille (to name just a few) in a fight against substance abuse. I'm a great supporter of this campaign. Its strong photography and use of bold clean typography is brilliant, but like the celebrities, I also have a problem but mines not a drug related one, but instead to do with the posters copy writing...



In the posters the personalities state their name and that they "have a (serious) drug problem" or "I'm putting an end to my drug problem". For me the double entendre would of worked better if they would of stated that "I have a (serious) problem with drugs" or "I'm putting an end to my problem with drugs". I know it's a subtle change, but it just plays on me each time I see it, which I don't want to happen as I really support everything else about the campaign. That said, the posters do make you look twice so they are certainly working.

In addition, I am glad to report that this campaign has been a super success with a marked increase in people requesting assistance with substance abuse in the Western Cape since it's launch in March.

Click here to read more about this great campaign.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bass - Trademark No1

Symbol by Steven Bateman & Angus Hyland

50 + Designers, Agencies, Books, Websites, Blogs and Conferences!